Out Break Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Out Break Wrestling

A forum for OBW federation members from TWG.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplaying guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pain
HVGm a.k.a Overlord
HVGm a.k.a Overlord
Pain

Roleplaying guide Empty
PostSubject: Roleplaying guide   Roleplaying guide Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 9:04 am

All credit goes to maxolino and Silver Bullet.

Greetings,

There are a lot of you who don't think you can RP very well or you just submit an RP that is a few sentences, so I am putting together a RP Tutorial for you guys so we can see your talents flow a bit more and so that you can see that you can do it.

The first thing to look at is the construction of your RP.

Hey man, lets go and win this match. Yeah I want to win and destroy
these guys!! Well we will destroy them and not only that but we will
take their titles and make them cry like the little kids that they are!!

Does anyone see what is wrong with this sample RP? No, it was not written by the WWE Creative team, or by that person that you can see looking at you through your window every night. It is the construction of the RP. The first thing that can be pointed out is that you have no idea who is speaking. So let us edit that first. I am going to use Dan Me and Rott in this example.

Silver Bullet: Hey man, let's go and win this match. Bobo the
Rott: Yeah, I want to win and destroy these guys!! Dan Babyface
Dragon: Well, we will destroy them and not only that, but we will take their
titles and make them cry like the little kids that they are!!

Ok, now we can see who is speaking. But, it still looks like a jumbled mess of dialogue. When you have anybody speak in your RPs, if there is a transition in who is talking, you should double space before you start writing the next sentence. So now we are going to edit it like so.

Silver Bullet: Hey man, let's go and win this match.

Rott: Yeah, I want to win and destroy these guys!!

Silver Bullet : Well, we will destroy them and not only that,
but we will take their titles and make them cry like the little kids that
they are!!

All right, now it is beginning to look like a conversation. The last thing you want to look at in the construction of your RP is whether or not you need edit your RP due to spelling issues. Mine is good right now, but make sure you look at it before your submit it into the RP section of whatever show you are on.

Role-playing Basics

Role-playing means to develop a character and then to write texts and stories regarding that very character. It means to read what other people wrote about their characters and then react to it in written form. The first and maybe the primary step to do this is the creation of your own character.

RP Example

*Silver Bullet walks down to the ring with a mic in hand as his theme song
plays while the crowd wonder who's theme song is this*

Silver Bullet: Well Look I Came out here to talk to you pathetic fools. Well Now that I think about it You Pathetic fans dont deserve to here what I have to say.

*the Crowd starts to Boo before Silver Bullet gets to say something else*

Silver Bullet: Shut Up. You Pathetic Fools. How Dare you boo the next champion.

*crowd starts to boo more*

Silver Bullet: But Since I am out here n have nothing to do. I minus well let you all here what I have to say. And what I wanted to tell you pathetic fans is that I don't care about you, anyone in the back. All I Care about is my self.

*crowd chants you suck*

Silver Bullet: And you know what else! I Dont Think that you fans deserve to be looking at great talent such as myself. And I Can promise all of you this, I Will Destroy whoever I face in the ring and there is nothing any of you can do to stop me.
Back to top Go down
Darkenius Storm
Jobber
Jobber

Roleplaying guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying guide   Roleplaying guide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:43 pm

Roleplaying in quick steps by Darkenius Storm Cool 

1. Create An Entrance + commentators talking in it
2. Create A Match Win or Lose situation + commentators talking in it
3. Create A Backstage segment - Interview, GM Office, Parking Lot
4. Create A Ring segment - self against other opponent
5. Repeat these things weekly

If I forgot something, you can write me Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Ca$h Money Hu$tler
Well-established
Well-established
Ca$h Money Hu$tler

Roleplaying guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying guide   Roleplaying guide Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:30 pm

Sometimes helps if your wrestler is loosley based on something go youtube watch promos or netflix for movies and try put your spin. Also I play WWE sd vs Raw series sometimes i make my wrestler and try match best as can moveset trying visual what might look and move like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roleplaying guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying guide   Roleplaying guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying guide
Page 1 of 1